Shockwave Therapy or Radial Shock Wave Therapy is an extremely effective and non-invasive solution to the pain and impairment caused by chronic and overuse injuries.
Shockwave is a series of high-energy percussions to the painful area. These mechanical pulses promote regeneration and reparative processes of the bones, tendons and other soft tissues. During each treatment up to 2,000 pulse waves are delivered to the painful area.
The effects of Shockwave are:
- New blood Vessel formation
- Reversal of Chronic Inflammation
- Stimulation of Collagen
- Breaks up calcifications
- Disperses pain inducing chemicals
- Release of Trigger Points
This results in:
- Pain Relief
- Accelerated tissue repair and cell growth.
- Reduction of local muscle tension
Conditions that can be successfully treated with Shockwave:
- Achilles tendon pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Hip bursitis
- Jumper's knee
- Pain in the hamstring insertion
- Iliotibial band (ITB) syndrome
- Tennis/Golfer's elbow
- Shoulder tendonitis
- Groin pain
- Myofascial trigger points
- Acute muscle spasm/strain
Most patients begin to enjoy relief with their first treatment; however, for best results a course of 5 treatments is recommended, and some conditions might take longer while the body goes through a healing cycle.